A lot of women in the American and European countries have started using the popular trend of putting cabbage leaves on their breasts. The cabbage leaves are used to help in reducing the swelling and they can also relieve the pain and discomfort that can be caused by breastfeeding.
Cabbage leaves also help in soothing the pain and stress that can be as a result of wearing an uncomfortable bra. The researchers still can’t prove if the cabbage leaves have some particular property which helps in the decreasing the pain and swelling, or if the swelling goes down because they act like cold compresses.
Other studies have shown that if you are breastfeeding and you put some cabbage leaves directly on your breasts, they will not only sooth pain and swelling, but will also lessen it.
How to use the cabbage leaves in order to relax your breasts?
– First, put the cabbage into the fridge and let it stay for one hour. After one hour, take it out, and peel off the outer layer of leaves, and throw them away. Also, pull two of the inner leaves in order to use them.
– Next step: Wash the two leaves into cold water. Wash them carefully, so they will be free from dirt, pesticides, and residue.
– As the leaves should properly fit on your breasts without covering the nipples, cut their steam.
– After that, place them on your breasts. Wrap the leaves around your breast, but leave your nipples exposed.When the leaves are kept away from the nipples, it will help the skin around them to stay dry and intact.
– You can leave the leaves for approximately 20 minutes on your breasts, or until they lose their coldness. After that, remove them.
– Repeat as necessary.
When you are still breastfeeding or pumping for your baby, and you also like to use cabbage leaves in order to decrease the pain and swelling, once you feel that your breasts are feeling better and the swelling is gone, you should stop the treatment.