These everyday ingredients are used as an alternative for many medicines. A combination of salt, lemon and pepper can be used as a homemade remedy to treat and solve numerous health problems including:
1. Sore Throat – You can get rid of sore throat by adding 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, half a teaspoon of black pepper and a teaspoon of sea salt in a glass of warm water. Gargle a few times daily to relieve your sore throat and prevent coughing.
2. Stuffy Nose – Mix equal amounts of black pepper, cinnamon, cumin and cardamom seeds into a mortar and pestle and grind until it turns into powder. Smell the mixture slowly and embrace the sneeze. The sneezing will help you relieve stuffiness of your clogged nose.
3. Remove Gallstones – Gallstones are created in the gallbladder by the hardened deposits of digestive fluids. They can block the whole digestive system, cause pain and they are usually removed with surgery. There is an alternative way to treat this problem; you can use 3 parts of olive oil and one part each of lemon and black pepper to dissolve the stones.
4. Canker Sores – Use a cup of warm water mixed with a tablespoon of Himalayan salt in it and swish it in your mouth after every meal to heal the mucous membranes in your mouth. This will also help eliminate bad bacteria and support healing.
5. Weight Loss – To help speeding your metabolism drink a glass of warm water mixed with ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey. The lemon polyphenols prevent weight gain and boost insulin sensitivity which helps in burning fat.
6. Nausea – Mix a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and a teaspoon of black pepper in a glass of warm water and drink it slowly until you feel better. The black pepper helps soothing your upset stomach and the lemon scent stops the nausea.
7. Asthma Attack – Add 10 grains of pepper, 2 clove buds and 15 basil leaves in a cup of boiling water and let it simmer for 15 minutes and strain the mixture in a glass jar with a lid. You can keep this drink in your fridge up to 2 weeks and use it with milk to make the taste better.
8. Toothache – Apply a mixture of half a teaspoon of ground pepper and half a teaspoon of clove oil on the aching tooth.
9. Cold and Flu – To get rid of common cold; squeeze half a lemon in a large cup of boiled water. Let the pulp and peel steep in the water for 10 minutes. Remove the lemon and add a spoonful of organic war honey. Drink the remedy as needed until you feel relieved.
10. Nosebleed – To stop nosebleed, use a little lemon juice and apply it on a cotton ball and place it in the nostril. Tilt your head slightly forward to stop the blood dripping into your throat ant prevent nausea.