Sciatica is a medical condition, which is characterized by pain in the legs that can feel as a bad leg cramp, or shooting, excruciating pain, which also makes the sitting or standing almost impossible.
Sciatica is also a symptom. It consists of pain in the legs, and it can occur suddenly, or in some cases it can develop gradually. Some other symptoms of sciatica also include weakness, burning sensation down your leg or even in your toes and numbness.
Some less common symptoms may include the inability to move your foot and toes, as well as to bend your knee.
What is the cause of sciatica?
Sciatica can be a symptom of a “pinched nerve”, which affects one or even more spinal nerves. The nerve can be pinched outside, or even inside the spinal canal.
Here are the causes:
– The most common one is a herniated or slipped disc which causes certain pressure on a nerve root;
– Piriformis syndrome – this can happen when the piriformis muscle, which is a small muscle that lies deep in the buttocks, becomes tight or spasms and it puts pressure on and irritates the sciatic nerve;
– Spinal stenosis – this can develop as a result of the narrowing of the spinal canal with some pressure on the nerves;
– Spondylolisthesis – a condition in which one bone in your back slides forward over the bone below it, thus narrowing the opening through which the nerve exits.
But, in today’s article, we are going to present you one effective homemade remedy, which will help you in getting rid of the back and sciatica pain, once and forever. You just need to follow the below given instructions.
– 2 cups organic coconut milk;
– 4 organic aged cloves garlic.
Simmer the garlic cloves in the coconut milk on high heat, for about 30 minutes. First let the drink to cool down, and then you can consume it.
The ginger essential oil is an incredible healing agent and it has powerful anti – inflammatory and analgesic properties. There were many studies which have showed that this oil is a great pain reliever, as it is able to act on vanilloid receptors, located on the sensory nerve endings and in that way it relieves the pain related with arthritis.
There was a study conducted by the University of Miami, in which was showed that ginger extract should be a substitute for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The study also compared the effects of a ginger extract to placebo in 247 individuals that suffer from osteoarthritis of the knee. Compared to placebo, the stiffness and pain in the knee joints, has been reduced by ginger by 40%.
There was also another study conducted by the Researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles, which showed that ginger can affect certain inflammatory processes at a cellular level. The ginger has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-ulcer properties. It is also highly recommended for individuals that suffer from arthritis, because of its analgesic properties.