The papaya is a well known for its health benefits, but its seed are also very powerful and have a numerous health benefits.
1. Papaya seeds can detoxify your liver and prevent liver disease – You can simply crush 5-6 papaya seeds and consume them with food or juice (best with lime juice); repeat this for 30 days, also eating few papaya seeds on regular basis can be very beneficial for the liver as well.
2. Improves kidney health and prevents renal disease – based on a research by scientist form the University of Karachi, papaya seeds are great for diseases caused by kidney poisoning.
3. Natural anti-inflammatory effects – lowers joint pain, swelling and redness.
4. Anti bacterial and anti viral effects – a small amount of papaya seeds is powerful to destroy dangerous bacteria like E. coli, Staph and Salmonella. They can also cure Dengue, Typhoid and other diseases. In Nigeria papaya seeds are mixed with milk and this mixture is used as natural medicine for Typhoid fever. In Costa Rica use the seeds to treat Dengue fever. For this kind of fever can be used a juice from papaya leaves as well.
To prepare this juice you will need:
2 papaya leaves, wash and cut them in smaller pieces, pound and squeeze the pulp through a filter cloth, only 2 tbsp. of juice can be squeezed out so take 2 tbsp of the juice once daily.
5. Can stop the growth of cancer cells and tumors – They are rich with isothiocyanate that can also prevent leukemia, colon, lung, prostate and breast cancer.
6. Destroys Parasites – Papaya seeds contain an alkaloid known as “Carpaine” that has the power to destroy intestinal worms and amoeba parasites. Based on a study, children in Nigeria who have consumed papaya seed juice for a week, have got rid of gut parasites 75% of the times.
7. Papaya seeds can be used as natural contraceptives for both genders without any side effects
The papaya seeds, as well as the fruit are very rich in papain, which is an enzyme that is beneficial for protein digestion. The papaya seeds are also great solution for women who are trying to conceive. Also in men, one teaspoon of papaya seeds a day in a period of three months can significantly reduce sperm production without affecting libido and the effect is only temporary because, once you stop consuming papaya seeds, the fertility will go back to normal.
Papaya seeds can be consumed raw, crushed or ground in salad dressings, milk or honey.
As much as they are healthy and beneficial, pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid consuming papaya seeds or green papaya. Also this seeds can be too strong for children so you should consult with doctor before giving them to your children.