The only criteria that every person has for making salad is mixing some tasty ingredients, but despite the flavor there are also some other things which we should consider.
Some of the ingredients don’t go together in a salad, like the combination of tomatoes and cucumber, as each of these vegetables has different digestion time. According to Ayurveda, we must know the exact digestion time of each food that we eat, before mixing some ingredients together.
It is not a good idea to combine ingredients which have fast and slow digestion, because the lighter ingredient will end up passing in the intestine, just as the first one is digested completely. The result of this will be fermentation of the food in the stomach which may poison the whole body. It will lead to slow digestion and fermentation of sugars and starches and it also won’t allow you to enjoy in your meals as you should to. Besides all this, the process of fermentation can also cause gasses, swelling and pain in the stomach and some intestinal problems as well.
The cucumbers and tomatoes are not compatible foods with each other, so that’s why they should never be consumed together, because when they reach the stomach and the process of fermentation starts, the acid which is released in the abdominal cavity for digestion, can cause a lot of digestive problems. Here, we will present you some other food combinations which you should never try.
1. Eating fruits after meals is not a good idea at all, as the fruits need a lot of time to be digested and they should never stay long in the stomach. If you eat them after a meal, that will result in “wine” in your stomach, which can lead to acid reflux as well as some other digestive problems.
2. Mac and cheese is a popular meal in the United States, but it is also the one that should be avoided nonetheless. Macaroni are rich in starch, which has a different digestion time than proteins, so the combination will lead to inevitable fermentation, as well as further digestion problems. This is also the same for macaroni and meat.
3. The omelet of meat and cheese is one favorite food of a lot of people, but it should be avoided, as there is putting of too much protein on the same dish. You should choose only one type of protein on each meal.
4. You should never mix bread or noodles with orange juice, because the acid content which is required for digesting the juice can destroy the enzyme which is responsible for starch digestion.
5. Vegetables and cheese is another combination which should be avoided, as eating it will only result in bloating.
6. Another combination of fruits, which should never be eaten together are melon and watermelon, because they are meant to be consumed alone, not in combination with some other fruit.
7. A lot of people adore the combination of bananas and milk, but it will significantly slow down the digestion.
8. People also like to add some fruit to their bowl of yogurt for breakfast, but this is another combination which will slow your digestion, as well as harm your intestinal flora. This especially goes for adding pineapple to your yogurt, which will boost the active ingredients which can cause food poisoning.