Do Not Use Your Phone While It Is Charging. You’ve Been Warned!

Maybe injuries caused by cell phones are rare, but they actually do happen.

One 13 year – old girl named Gabbie Fedro, has suffered some pretty severe burns, after her cell phone charged overheated and caused her second – degree burns. Her T-Mobile LG d500 was actually a Christmas present and it caused her this accident.

Her father retells the story of how he was at their home when he heard his daughter screaming from her bedroom. Her mother said that she was terrified after she saw her daughter running downstairs, grabbing her neck and screaming hysterically because of the pain.

There are also some other cases and events in which cell phone chargers have shown to be dangerous in some situation. Most of the accidents can come from overheating of the phone’s lithium-ion batteries, which can actually lead to explosions and burns.

There was also another case back in 2014, in which a defective USB phone charger caused the death of one woman.Sheryl Anne Aldeguer was an Australian woman, mother of two kids, who died from this faulty USB phone charger which sent a high current through her body, while she was wearing headphones and talking on the phone at the same time.

The only problem at that time was that her phone was plugged into a wall socket. This event was reasonably paid a lot of attention to, as it represents one kind of public alert about cheap electronics. It has also stimulated Fair Trading to issue a warning over the sale of unapproved USB chargers on the territory of New South Wales.

Also:

– Back in 2010, a Colorado tot suffered third-degree burns after she put an Apple USB cable into her mouth. She was distressed, of course. The Denver Channel reports that the USB cable was plugged into a laptop.

– Back in 2014, Sydney Morning Herald reports that a woman in Australia died from a defective USB charger, as she was allegedly electrocuted while she was talking on the phone. The charger was the only thing to be blamed for the accident.

– In 2013, a Chinese woman was supposedly electrocuted while using a defective charger. This case was investigated by Apple and then they posted a caution to its Chinese website in order to urge the consumers to avoid using third-party chargers.

But, when your mobile phone and its charger are working in the proper way and adequately, there is no place for worries, as there is no explicit or inherent danger. In addition, the practice of using the cell phones while they charge is repeated thousands of times every day, all over the world without any incident or injury. This is actually true in an age when people use their smart phones all the time, for a great part of the day, not only when they take or make some phone calls.

Source: http://healthyhouseideas.com

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *