You are maybe not aware of the fact that oral health can actually determine your overall health. One of the vital parts of the procedure for oral hygiene consists of the use of mouthwash.
It can reduce the presence of plaque, while it reaches and fights bacteria which escaped the dental cleaning at the same time. This procedure is actually the final part and step in the removal of bacteria and germs as well. Also, it will leave your mouth clean and the breath fresh as well.
We all know that cavities can be cured with maintaining proper care and, as well as healthy diet. Here, we are going to present you the advantages of using a homemade mouthwash. They are the following:
– It is inexpensive – you can make your own homemade mouthwash and you will still get the greatest effects of it.
– You control the ingredients – tartar can be removed by using completely safe and natural ingredients.
– No chemicals – the commercial mouthwash products are loaded with a lot of additives, like harmful chemicals, colorants, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, and flavorings.
In the article today, we are going to reveal you the recipe of one very effective, inexpensive, as well as homemade mouthwash, which is actually based on baking soda. The recipe will help you in removing tartar, as well as in getting a new white and healthy smile.
Baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate is definitely one of the most powerful best cleansers and it can be used in different ways, including for maintaining oral hygiene.
Baking soda has powerful bleaching and stain removal properties, so, this is the reason why it is often used for teeth brushing. It also has some antibacterial capacity which can eliminate tartar and microbes that are the reason for cavities and bad breath.
In the lines below, you can see how to prepare the mouthwash.
– 1 tablespoon baking soda;
– ½ teaspoon of salt;
– ½ cup hydrogen peroxide (hydrogen peroxide);
– 1 cup cold water;
– ½ cup warm water.
You will also need a toothbrush and toothpicks.
First thing to do is combining the salt and baking soda, and the second is to wet the toothbrush in some warm water. After that, you should spread the mixture over the toothbrush and rub your teeth. Then, split it. You should repeat this for two minutes.
The next thing to do is to mix the hydrogen peroxide with the warm water and use the solution in order to rinse your mouth for a minute. Then, expel it from the mouthwash.
At the end, you should use a toothpick in order to remove the tartar from between the teeth. After that, rinse with cold water.
You should repeat this procedure two times in the week. We also recommend you to do oil pulling every day.
Some additional tips:
– You should remember that you should never swallow mouthwash, because it may contain some harmful ingredients in it.
– For optimal oral health, you should brush your teeth at least three times in the day, using good quality toothpaste.
– The spicy food stimulates the work of salivary glands, so, the saliva naturally sanitizes the oral cavity.