One of the biggest and most common question we ask ourselves nowadays is ” How do I lose my belly fat? ” We are trying several things and nothing works. When we ask someone about what he does, in order to remove fat from the belly, we hear different answers, like 100 daily sit-ups, cutting calories drastically, excess cardio, fat burners, and so on.
But, it is not that none of this works, although, if you cannot lose it, maybe you are doing the wrong approach. Maybe you won’t need endless sit-ups, supplements, starving yourself or even worse surgery. Here in this article, we are going to present you several ways of losing belly fat, quickly and naturally.
1. Stop doing crunches
Maybe crunches will help you in strengthening the stomach muscles, but they won’t help you in burning the belly fat which covers your abs. Spot reduction is a myth. You are wasting your time and you make effort by doing 200 crunches in a day, but they may not be useful They can cause you lower back pain, slouching shoulders and forward head posture. But, the reverse crunch doesn’t cause such problems, but again: spot reduction is a myth. In order to lose your belly fat, you will need a lot more. Continue reading.
2. Get stronger
Strength training helps in building muscle mass, preventing muscle loss and also helps in fat loss. The squat, as well as deadlift are the best for building strength.
– The lower back keeps you upright from the back and your abs from the front. During heavy squats and deadlifts, both of the muscles will work hard at keeping the from collapsing under the weight.
– Squats and deadlifts allow you to stress your body by lifting heavy weights, thus working all the muscles from your head to the toe. This helps in getting stronger more quickly and it also builds muscles very fast, including the ab muscles.
But, in this way there is still no spot reduction, so it means that squats and deadlifts won’t help you in burning belly fat directly. They will only strengthen your abs and lower the size of your waist as well. Also, if you have never tried non of this exercises, check StrongLifts 5×5. Only takes 3x45mins/week.
3. Eat healthy foods
There is one saying which goes: ” The abs are built in the kitchen.” Maybe you are going to train hard and build muscular abs, but if you consume junk food everyday, the belly fat won’t just disappear. So, for that purpose, stop eating processed foods, and eat whole and unprocessed foods. Here are some:
– Proteins, such as: meat, poultry, fish, whey, eggs, cottage cheese…;
– Veggies, such as: spinach, broccoli, salad, kale, cabbage…;
– Fruits, such as: banana, orange, apple, pineapple, pears…;
– Fats, such as: olive oil, fish oil, real butter, nuts, flax seeds…;
– Carbs, such as: brown rice, oats, whole grain pasta, quinoa…
But there is also no need of being perfect. Eating junk food can actually help fat loss by keeping the hormones sharp. But, this should not be a reason for their consumption.
You can eat junk food 10% of the time maximum – that’s 4 junk meals/week if you eat 6 meals/day.