Banana is a very popular, tasty super fruit that is very beneficial for our body. Bananas are abundant in nutrients, vitamins, fiber, and all-natural sugars, like sucrose and fructose.
Banana is one of the most consumed fruits, In fact it is the most consumed fruit in America and Americans eat more of them every year than apples and oranges combined.
When you buy bananas they start off mostly greenish-yellow and spotless, but as time goes by, the bananas continuously ripen.
Eventually they begin to develop brown spots, which grow bigger and bigger until the entire banana is covered in brown. Because of the fact that brown bananas look unappealing and rotten most of the people throw them out, but, the more brown patches the banana ha the more ripe it is and more TNF it contains.
TNF or Tumor Necrosis Factor is a cancer fighting substance that helps fight against abnormal cells in the body. The
TNF found in ripe bananas interferes with tumor cells growth and inhibits them from spreading by causing cell death, or apoptosis. This, in conjunction with the high levels of antioxidants which are also found in bananas, boosts our immune systems and can increase our white blood cells as well.
In addition to the brown spots and their immune system strengthening qualities, bananas have a number of other health benefits including:
1) Heartburn- Bananas are nature’s anti-acid and can provide relief from heartburn and acid reflux. Eating just one banana can immediately bring soothing relief and lessen your heartburn symptoms.
2) Blood Pressure- Because of the fact that they are low in sodium and high in potassium, bananas help to lower blood pressure and protect against stroke or heart attack.
3) Energy- Eating a banana or two before a workout gives you enough energy to last an hour or more. The low glycemic carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals all support your body increase endurance, while potassium helps to prevent muscle cramps.
4) Anemia- Bananas can provide the much needed dietary iron, which stimulates red blood cell and hemoglobin production and strengthens the blood supply.
5) Ulcers- When you suffer from stomach ulcers many foods are off limits, but bananas can be eaten without having to worry about whether or not they’ll cause pain.
That’s because their smooth, soft, mushy texture coats the stomach lining and protects it against corrosive acids and irritation.
6) Depression- because they have high levels of tryptophan, which our bodies convert into serotonin, they can help overcome depression. Serotonin is a brain neurotransmitter that makes people relax, feel happy, and improves mood.
7) Constipation- If you have this problem, eat a few bananas. They have enough fiber in them to stimulate regular bowel movements and provide natural relief for constipation.
8) Nerves or PMS- When you’re feeling moody and stressed, eat a banana. They help to regulate blood sugar and are rich in B vitamins, which naturally calm the nervous system and make people relax, resulting in an overall improved mood.
9) Temperature Control- Eating a banana on a hot day can cool you off by lowering your body temperature. The same is true for it you have a fever.