According to the USDA, a lot of people suffer from lack of magnesium and even half of
the world’s population, have problems because of magnesium deficiency.
Every single cell that is in our body, requires magnesium, so because of that it is very important.
Magnesium has the responsibility to control more than 300 metabolic processes in our
Nowadays, our body is forced to use the supplies of nutrients, by the new and modern
lifestyle, in order to deal with stress.
This makes us to use magnesium more than we have it in our body, and more than we consume it through foods.The daily recommended dose of magnesium is from 500 to 1000 mg.
There are several warning magnesium deficiency signs, and some of them are: heart
disease, irritability, facial twitches, blood clots, osteoporosis, insomnia, unstable blood sugar levels, chronic fatigue, migraines, leg cramps, anxiety and depression.
According to some experts, consuming magnesium often, helps in some cases such as
Alzheimer. But, on the contrary, its deficiency can lead to Parkinson’s disease as well as its symptoms.
Some other chronic diseases were also linked with the magnesium deficiency and some
of them are: metabolic syndrome and diabetes type 2. In some cases where we have
lack of this mineral, the body releases more insulin and in that way the added glucose goes into the cells and it can be a reason for inflammation.
Because of that, it is important to incorporate magnesium into our diet. You can find this mineral in dark chocolate, nuts, avocados, fish, as well as leafy green vegetables, such as kale and spinach, legumes, whole grains and seeds.
Another way of increasing the magnesium levels, is taking magnesium supplements,
but make sure you use some quality ones, they should contain vitamin B6. And one of the most important thing is that they should contain the 4 main cofactors: Malate, Glycinate, Taurinate and Orotate.
They are very easy for absorbing in the body and are also helpful in improving the function of some organs.
One of their most common benefits are:
Magnesium Malate for the muscles:
– Alleviates muscle’s fatigue;
– Helps in case of painful PMS and in headaches;
– Helps in improving the digestion;
– Treats fibromyalgia;
– Provides energy for the body.
Magnesium Glycinate for our mind:
– It can treat depression, numbness and crying;
– Treats some long – term deficiencies;
– Helps with insomnia, hysteria, anxiety, irritability, concentration;
– It can enhance mental clarity and relaxes our mind;
– It can avoid diarrhea and reduce laxative effects.
Magnesium Taurinate for our heart:
– Helps with the function of our heart;
– It can control heart arrhythmia and palpitations;
– Successfully prevents migraines.
Magnesium Orotate for the body
– It stimulates the DNA formation;
– Promotes heart health;
– Also, improves the performance of athletes.