Aspirin is widely used drug for treating pain, fever and inflammation. Besides these uses, this wonder pill has other amazing uses that you might not know about. Here are 9 interesting and very helpful uses for Aspirin:
1. Rejuvenates the skin – Aspirin contains salicylic acid which is a strong skin cleaner that reduces swelling, redness and acne; it cleans the excess oil and dead cells from your pores.
To use aspirin on your acne, crush 5 aspirin pills and add them to a ¼ of a cup of water and add a teaspoon of honey and mix it well. Apply this paste on your skin and let is stay for 10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Repeat this procedure until you achieve the wanted results.
2. Makes flowers last longer – Adding a crushed aspirin pill in the water will make the fresh cut flowers last longer.
3. Removes perspiration stains – If the underarm stains caused by antiperspirants are bothering you, then you should crush a coupe aspirin pills and mix them with half a cup of warm water, soak the stains in the solution for 2-3 hours.
4. Restores Hair Color – Swimming in a chlorinated pool makes your hair lose its bright color. To solve this take 6-8 aspirin pills and dissolve them in a glass of warm water and rinse your hair with it. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and your hair will be bright and nice again.
5. Dry out pimples – Similar to acne, aspirin can dry out pimples as well. Mix a crushed aspirin pills with a little water and apply it on the affected areas and leave it for a couple of minutes. Repeat this until the pimples are gone.
6. Treats hard calluses on the feet – Crush 5-6 aspirin pills and add a half a teaspoon of water and lemon juice and mix it well. Apply the mixture on your calluses and wrap the foot in a warm towel then cover it with plastic wrap. Lay down for 10 minutes, after that remove the bag and towel and file the softened callus with pumice stone.
7. Eliminates Dandruff – Aspirin can be a solution for dandruff as well. Add 2 crushed aspirin pills in the amount of shampoo that you use the next time you are washing your hair, leave it for 2 minutes and rinse well with warm water.
8. Relieves insect bites and stings – Rubbing an aspirin over the insect bite or sting can relieve the inflammation and itching, but if you are allergic to bee stings, you need to seek medical help immediately.
9. Clean grease of pots and pans – Crushing a couple of aspirin pills and mixing them with some lemon juice can be a great solution for cleaning grease off your pots and pans.