The organs in our body, which are responsible for detoxification, are kidneys. We need them for removing wastes from our body. They also help in the balance of body fluids and creating urine, along with assisting with other bodily processes.
If you want to maintain good health, then you should learn more about the kidneys cleanse and find out why you should perform it. Also find out which juices to drink, what foods to avoid and which foods can help you in eliminating toxins and waste from them.
But, before finding out more details about kidneys cleanse, some people may need to consult with their professional healthcare provider before starting. If you already have some kidney problems or medical conditions that require a specific diet, then you should first consult with your doctor.
When you start the process of kidney cleanse, you may want to start it slowly. You should also test the ingredients in your kidney flush by replacing one meal at a time with a juice.
– Why to perform a kidney cleanse?
There are a lot of reasons for flushing toxins and wastes from our body. From reducing bloating and preventing kidney infections, a kidney detox is one simple and helpful way for promoting better health.
Here in this article, we are going to present you a few reasons for following a kidney cleanse for several days. Here they are:
1. Reduce bloating
When the kidneys become backed up with toxins and waste, you may experience bloating, as the function of the kidneys gets impaired.
2. Prevent fatigue
When our kidneys are not in good shape, we may experience some fatigue. Because of this, our body will start having some difficulties in processing some foods, which may limit our ability to absorb nutrients and convert food into energy.
3. Prevent kidney infections
If there are waste and toxins in our kidneys, they can eventually lead to infection. But, a good kidney flushing will help in solving this problem.
4. Correct bladder problems
When our kidneys become clogged with waste and toxins, there can appear some bladder problems, which can be frequent or infrequent.
5. Prevent kidney stones
Kidney stones can be usually created because of a buildup of fats, so by cleansing your kidneys the chances of developing painful kidney stones will be cut down.
6. Protect your skin
When our kidneys cannot properly filter out the toxins from our system, we can experience some skin breakouts, like acne, and eczema.
7. Correct hormonal imbalances
Since the kidneys are part of our digestive process, we are going to be at a higher risk of developing a hormonal imbalance, when they are not functioning as they should.
– How can be a kidney cleanse performed?
There are a lot of different ways for performing kidney cleanses and they all typically last for five days. So, if you are interested in performing it, consider using some of these two options – you can either perform a juice fast for five days or eat a raw fruit and vegetable diet on days 1 and 5 and fast on juices for the rest of the days of the cleanse.
There is a variety of different juices which you can use, in order to flush your kidneys. If you choose the right fruits and vegetables, then they will be very beneficial for detoxification of your kidneys.
Here we are going to present you 4 juice recipes, which include a perfect combination of produce which are known for helping in the process of kidney cleansing.
Here they are:
1. Radish kidney detox
– 6-8 radish;
– ½ head of purple cabbage;
– 8 ribs of celery;
– 1 lemon;
– 1-inch ginger root.
Whenever it is possible, use organic produce and wash them before using them. Put all the above mentioned ingredients through your juicer and serve. This should make one portion which can be a meal replacement during the process of kidney cleanse. But, if you want to make more for a few meal replacements, multiply the quantity.
2. Carrot – cucumber kidney cleanse juice
– 8 carrots;
– 2 green apples;
– 1 large cucumber.
From this quantity, you can make one portion. To make more for later, multiply the quantity.
Wash all the above mentioned ingredients and put them through your juicer. This one is a light juice, which may be more suitable for a midday meal replacement, as opposed to o a breakfast meal replacement.
3. Kidney watermelon flush
– ½ watermelon (or fresh coconut water);
– 1 lime (peeled).
When you are juicing a watermelon, always include a rind. It is one of the best things for breaking down any stone calcification in the kidneys.
Cut the watermelon into chunks and juice or blend them with a peeled lime. The lemon will help your body in absorbing the nutrients 5 times better. Also, don’t be afraid to drink the juice in big glasses, if you can handle it, as it cleans the kidneys in a very effectively and fats way.
4. Cayenne and citrus kidney cleanse
– 1 lemon;
– ½ a lime;
– A dash of cayenne pepper;
– 16 ounces of water;
– 1 tablespoon of raw honey (or to taste).
By trying this drink, you may want to start each of your days by drinking it. The combination of lemon, lime and cayenne pepper will help you in clearing the detoxification organs. You just need to juice the lemon and lime and mix them with 16-ounces of water with raw honey to taste. You can also add a dash of cayenne pepper to taste.
– What kind of foods you should eat, in order to cleanse your kidneys?
Besides using the above mentioned recipes, there are also some foods which you may like to include into your diet, in order to help cleansing your kidneys. The following few items are known to help flush toxins and clear wastes from your kidneys and digestive system. You just need to try to include more of these foods in your diet.
Here they are:
1. Celeriac – it is the root of the celery and it has a rather unattractive appearance, but it is great food for kidney health. It can provide an abundance of nutrients, which are very beneficial in flushing the kidneys. By using celeriac, you can make a nutritious kidney-cleansing broth.
2. Asparagus – it has diuretic and alkaline properties which are very helpful in preventing or dissolving kidney stones. It helps in breaking up oxalic acid crystals which are formed in the kidneys.
3. Watermelon – it is primarily comprised of water, which makes it a natural diuretic. In order to drink the juice of it, eat watermelon. One of the key components of performing a kidney cleanse is adding foods that boost your digestive system and aid the process of moving food through your system.
4. Lemon juice – almost every kidney cleanse that you will find, contains it. It is known for preventing the formation of kidney stones and it can also help in breaking down toxins and waste in the kidneys. Regularly drinking lemon juice is also helpful for reducing the going to the washroom in the middle of the night.
5. Herbs and spices – there is no kidney cleanse, which will be complete without them. Ginger and turmeric are one of the most powerful couples of spices. Both of them contain powerful antioxidants that can assist the function of our kidneys. Turmeric is helpful in reducing inflammation and it also prevents kidney infections. Other herbs and spices which can be also helpful are dandelion leaves and nettle.
Cleansing your kidneys is one simple way of preventing bloating and other signs of kidney trouble. We recommend you to use the recipes mentioned above, or you can also look for other juice recipes which include some of the already mentioned foods and spices.