For many of us, what keeps us young is balancing the hormones, maintaining a healthy reproductive system, and creating great skin.
The right combination of foods can be helpful for achieving all those goals. Another benefits from eating the right type of food, especially for women, are: healthy mood, glowing skin, healthy libido, fast metabolism, smooth operating digestive tract and high energy. To function, our body needs the right amount of nutrition by consuming food.
It is important for young women to take control over their hormones, so it is not a surprise that they change moods and menstrual cycles when they consume particular hormone – balancing foods.
Middle aged women, especially the less active ones, look for a burst of energy in order to keep functioning all day. For women in menopause this foods will be useful for hormone imbalance and about the changes their body is ready to take. For women that have passed the menopause, the foods for hormone balancing, are beneficial for them to look younger, because they help cells from wrinkles forming. One important thing for our body is to consume the foods that it needs.
If it not, it will produce the hormones irregularly. In the following few lines, you can read a list about what women should put in their daily menu.
1. Yogurt Yogurt is very well known by his rich health benefits, since ancient periods. It is a fermented dairy product, contains high dose of calcium which is very useful for our bones, as well as probiotics which help in increasing the health bacteria in the gut. It also contains vitamin D, important for balancing hormones and aging gracefully.
2. Fatty Fish The omega – 3 fatty acids have one of the most important role in women’s health. They are helpful in preventing diseases and conditions like heart disease, hypertension, inflammatory disease, and depression.
3. Vegetables rich in antioxidants Try to consume dark leafy greens, if you are looking for the right antioxidant foods. Kale, collard greens, spinach, and cilantro, are the kinds of foods used for hormonal balance.
4. Healing spices Because of their great use and of their results in maintaining youthful glowing skin, herbs and spices are very important for consumption. Cinnamon, ginger, and garlic are very useful, especially for women to maintain and stabilize their mood, balance the hormones and it will also help them in looking young longer.
5. Avocado The avocado contains healthy fat, which can be very important for women as it absorbs the key nutrients. It also contains fiber, magnesium, potassium, vitamin E, folic acid, and B-vitamins, and all these are considered as very useful in balancing hormones. You can never be wrong with avocados.
You should avoid the following few foods:
1. Sugar Sugar is considered to be our enemy number one. It is one of the reasons for diabetes and obesity. It can cause hormonal imbalance, and can be very dangerous for pancreas the liver and the digestive system generally. But not every sugar is the same. Natural sugars in fruits can be very useful.
2. Alcohol Alcohol can spark hot flashes. It makes the organs to work overtime. You may take a glass of beer or wine with your foods, but if you have hot flashes, you will have to say no to it.
3. Caffeine Caffeine can cause hot flashes in women which are in menopause. It can also cause anxiety and nervousness. If you cut out caffeine, you will balance your body easily.
4. High-Glycemic Foods An essential thing in the hormone levels is the blood sugar. The high glycemic foods can damage the balance, and some of them are white bread, sugar fruit juice. They increase insulin levels alter the way estrogen is metabolized.
5. Soy Soy mimics the body’s naturally occurring hormone functions because it is a phytoestrogen. The thyroid gland is responsible for the production and storage of hormones. It can be disturbed by the phytoestrogen. Thyroid hormones regulate heart rate, balance blood pressure and maintain body temperature. Soy can intermediate with certain thyroid medications. It can have several negative impacts on our health, such as weight gain, infertility, muscle loss, and mood swings.