The pH levels in our body are very important for our health. They are measures of alkalinity and acidity. The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14. If the numbers are lower then the acidity level is higher. The perfect level for the proper function of all systems is 7.
Sometimes the body can become very acid and that can cause serious damage.
There are 4 signs that can indicate that your body is too acidic:
1. Overweight – the higher levels of acid in the body trigger the production of more insulin which means more fat. Also because of the large amount of acid in the body the detoxification systems of the body doesn’t function properly. Also, the metabolism which depends on alkalinity can not function and that prevents the body to burn calories.
2. Bone Weakness – When the body is very acidic, it removes nutrients from the bones. This is not a symptom that can be noticed at first, but over time you will be able to notice that your bones are getting weak. This increases the risk of osteoporosis and fractures of bones.
3. Dental Sensitivity – High acidic levels decreases the strength of dental enamel.
4. Sleep Problems – When calcium levels in the body are low, there are higher chances of struggling with insomnia.
If you notice any of these signs, there are few things you can do to lower the acidic levels in your body.
• Alkaline diet – this is one of the best ways to deal with high acid levels. This diet includes eating fruits and vegetables of all kinds, nuts and seeds. When on this diet you must avoid: cereal box, white sugar and all types of processed sugar, too much dairy, too much caffeine, canned food, sausages.
• Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda – This is a very effective remedy.
Mix a third of teaspoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of organic ACV. The mixture is bubbly at first, but when it stops bubbling, add water and drink a glass of the mixture.
• New Cleaning Products – the majority of cleaning products are very acidic and they impact the balance of the body. Try using natural cleaning products instead.