Home Health 17 Signs Of Mold Illness (And How To Tell If You’re At...

17 Signs Of Mold Illness (And How To Tell If You’re At Risk)

125
0

Mold is a common issue among people, and if it is present in your home, it may be the cause of numerous health problems. Because of this, you need to know its symptoms, and you also need to know whether you belong to those that are most prone to it, so you can treat the issue and avoid adverse effects.

Yet, this is not considered as a problem by the conventional medicine, so it also does not offer a proper treatment. Additionally, the symptoms of mold are quite similar to those of some other ailments, because they are nonspecific, and are also often attributed to some other health problems.

Here are the most common signs of the mold illness:

– Headaches;
– Fatigue, post-exercise malaise, and weakness;
– Memory problems, focusing issues, executive function problems, brain fog;
– Light sensitivity, blurred vision, red eyes;
– Sinusitis, air hunger, cough, shortness of breath, asthma-like signs;
– Vertigo;
– Static “shocks”;
– Weight gain despite sufficient effort (weight loss resistance);
– Tremors;
– Muscle cramps, constant nerve pain, pain in the joints, aches not caused by inflammatory arthritis, “ice pick” pain;
– Persistent nerve pain;
– Numbness and tingling sensations;
– Abdominal pain, diarrhea, appetite changes, nausea;
– Night sweats or temperature regulation issues;
– Excessive thirst;
– Increased urination;
– Metallic taste.

By reading all these symptoms and signs, you can easily see why they are very often confused with the common symptoms of some other health diseases.

However, the disastrous effects that mold has, have been studied scientifically for more than three decades, and it has been discovered that the illness is actually a combination of numerous types of fungi, which grow in filaments and reproduce by creating tiny spores that sprout and fly away. They cannot be spotted by the naked eye.

This illness thrives in warm, damp and humid places and it may also appear in places like Nevada and Arizona, as well as places that have poor vegetation, or areas prone to floods or water leakages.
It may also appear in the bathroom, on places like the showerhead, than in places like poorly ventilated rooms, and it can as well attach to the furniture, books, pets, shoes, carpets and papers.

It also has the ability to circulate in the air system, so we recommend you to change the HVAC filters on every three months.

Water-damaged buildings support the formation of a complex combination of contaminants present in the air and dust, which form a toxic chemical mixture. Mycotoxins, which are toxic ingredients are also formed, and they remain on spores and fragments of mold released into the air.

But, you should know that the mold illness is not caused by single toxin, but in most of the common cases, it appears in water – damaged areas or buildings. According to a newest review, sinuses may be a common reason for a persistent mold illness.

Also, the reality is that most of the buildings in which we live nowadays, are water – damaged, so they cause mold and mold illnesses, especially to those that are most prone to it. If we consider the fact that most of us spend a lot time indoors, such as in our homes, offices, we should know how to reduce this harmful influence.

Namely, mold toxicity is classified in the large category of biotoxin illnesses and is otherwise known as Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS). The author of 8 books on the theme, including Surviving Mold: Life in the Era of Dangerous Buildings, named Ritchie Shoemaker, MD, defines the CIRS in the following way:

“Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) is an acute and chronic, systemic inflammatory response acquired following exposure to the interior environment of a water-damaged building with resident toxigenic organisms, including, but not limited to fungi, bacteria, actinomycetes, and mycobacterium as well as inflammagens . . . . “

He also comments that: “24 percent of people cannot make adequate antibody responses, and they’re the ones that comprise over 95 percent of people who have an illness from water-damaged buildings.”

Because of this, in the following few lines, we are going to explain the role of DNA and its impact on the susceptibility to mold illness.

As Dr. Shoemaker stated as well, around 24% of the population is genetically susceptible to mold toxicity, because they have an immune response gene (HLA-DR). Because of this, people that have this gene, have increased risk of mold illness and the subgroup includes 95%of the cases of mold illness.

There are also 2% of them who are most prone to it, and they have the so called “sicker quicker” variation of these genes. And, what is more interesting about this is that even if you are not vulnerable to mold illness, it does not mean that you have zero chances of suffering from it.

When there is mold vulnerability, people are not able to recognize the specific toxins as toxins, like mold, and they get recirculated in the body. As a consequence of this, toxins lead to continuing inflammatory response.

Mold illness caused by water – damaged buildings is a severe health issue, as it is a state of some chronic inflammation, caused by weakened immunity, and it does not heal on its own. It may provoke various illnesses if it is left untreated. The illness is built into the DNA, and as soon as it becomes activated, the symptoms and inflammatory response can last for longer period.

If the patient meets all the below mentioned criteria, the diagnosis of CIRP is established:

– Abnormalities documented by Visual Contrast Sensitivity (VCS) tests.
– A genetic predisposition to biotoxin-related illness, on the basis of an identification of an HLA susceptible haplotype.
– History, symptoms and signs of exposure to biotoxin. The history involves exposure to toxin-producing molds as documented by the EPA-approved ERMI testing. Also, in the case of microcystin, ciguatera and so on, the history includes likely exposure or laboratory evidence of exposure.
– Biomarkers consistent with the vascular, neuroimmune, and endocrine abnormalities specific to CIRS. When there is a consistent biotoxin exposure, an abnormal VCS test, or susceptible genotype, there will probably be laboratory abnormalities seen in CIRS.

Also, if you suspect that you are exposed to mold and you have some of the symptoms of it, here is what you will need to do:

– Research and learn everything connected with mold illnesses;
– Test if there is mold present in your home. For this purpose, find an environmental professional in order to inspect your home or office or you can also do an ERMI test – it costs $325 and you can do it by yourself. If the test is positive, you will need to hire some professional in order to solve the problem.
– You can also work with a clinician who is trained in the Shoemaker Protocol, so he will examine the susceptibility to mold illness.

Source: http://www.healthyfoodhouse.com

LEAVE A REPLY